1/19/2006

What's on your desk?

To print the photos to give to Resa who will return to Moscow and will send the photos inside of Russia, so the package won't get pillaged... I have to move a pile of new books and notice how these books remind me of the pleasure I have with researching projects and books to read.

The Trouble with Testosterone and other Essays on the Biology of the Human Predicament by Robert Sapolsky. My new russian friend Nat Ginberg recommended I read his essay Circling the Blanket of God because Sapolsky writes about a connection between shamans and schizophrenics, since I'm writing about the shamans I hung with in Tuva. And I'm interested in what schizophrenia is really.
The Bonds of Love hard bound catalogue is next in the stack.
Then the Literary Review's Italian issue.
Then Francine Prose's Caravaggio, Painter of Miracles, that Martha gave me for Chrismica.
At the base is Dame Darcy's hardcover comic book MeatCake with silver edged pages gleam and remind me to get back to editing The Piper of Peabody.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spiritual Emergency said...

My new russian friend Nat Ginberg recommended I read his essay Circling the Blanket of God because Sapolsky writes about a connection between shamans and schizophrenics, since I'm writing about the shamans I hung with in Tuva. And I'm interested in what schizophrenia is really.

I've been actively searching for the answer to that question since I went through an "acute schizophrenic break" of my own a few years ago. I've collected a number of online articles and some book excerpts as to what I've discovered thus far -- including the links between schizophrenia and shamanism. You are welcome to take a stroll through my collection if it strikes your fancy. And feel free to bring your Russian friend too.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Shelley Marlow said...

Thank you for the invite. I will read your collection and talk more soon.
best,
Shelley

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home