5/11/2006

theater tonight may 11

I was asked at the last minute to do a skit with my friend Lee Ann Brown tonight.

PLAYS ON WORDS: A POETS-THEATER FESTIVAL
curated by lee ann brown + corina copp + tony torn
saint mark's church may 11th-15th 2006
2nd ave + 10th street nyc
all shows 7pm @ the ontological theater
unless otherwise noted

FEATURING THEATER ARTISTS ACTORS AND DIRECTORS INCLUDING:
lee ann brown + mallory catlett + anthony cerrato + dominic d'andrea +
dave henderson + molly hickok +shelley marlow + aaron rosenblum + carl hancock rux + brian snapp + pete
simpson + angelica torn + tony torn + kate valk + patricia ybarra + elena zucker and
more!

THURSDAY MAY 11: A NIGHT OF MICRO-PLAYS!
charles bernstein + anselm berrigan + randall david-cook + kelly
copper + francesco canguillo + robert elstein + elise geither + nada
gordon + may josephs + rachel loden + dana maisel + mary millsap + tom
raworth + tom savage + hal sirowitz + anne waldman + catherine wing

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelley Marlow said...

This was so much fun. Lee Ann is wonderful. I performed Hal Sirowitz poems. This entailed Lee Ann and I switching off playing therapist and client. Tony Torn directed. He is wonderful, too. Hal gave us thumbs up.
Miranda, the baby, took Lee Ann away right before we would perform the third and final cycle. I had to perform myself. I read the final poem very seriously. Hal liked it and said I was playing to the silences instead of to the audience's laughs.
The other project Lee Ann and I performed together was by Tom Raworth.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home